Yingst Engineers & Associates, Inc. is a family-owned engineering consulting firm with over 28 years of experience in helping residential and commercial property owners. Our office is located on the edge of Hershey, PA, the sweetest place on earth and convenient to major highways. A great place for a family.
Our projects are primarily in the private sector, but we welcome public sector opportunities as well. Our mission is to provide efficient and creative designs to solve client needs. We also educate by helping clients to understand the zoning, building code and other regulations required to complete their project. Clients are residential and small commercial property owners (typically five stories and under). Our goal is to solve the client’s needs in an innovative and cost-efficient manner.
As a Civil Professional with YEA, you will work closely with other team engineers, CAD designers, architects and other staff professionals from our Hershey/Middletown office. We are purposefully located for good access to projects within 50 miles and beyond when opportunities develop and convenient for team members and clients. This is not an all-day desk job. You will have the opportunity to meet with clients and code officials and perform site visits. You will work with CAD and other professionals to get your ideas transformed into submission plans and reports. You won’t be bored and there is an opportunity to grow your career in other aspects.
The person we seek will be personable, dependable, outgoing and comfortable with other staff, clients and municipal officials. A down-to-earth “people person engineer” that wants to grow and develop with supportive team members. As a smaller firm, we can be flexible with your life needs and will be understanding with time for children, events, etc. We gauge your performance on getting the project complete and to the client’s satisfaction – not 8-5.
We provide two weeks’ vacation, ten paid holidays, health insurance, five personal days, a 401K plan, and offer work time flexibility. A permanent company vehicle is possible for the right candidate. The variety of the projects that we do also provides you with mentors in all disciplines to grow your career and showcase your abilities.
• Design SWM/E&S documents facilities and complete submission documents with CAD and Administrative Support as you need
• Site inspections as needed for the project to analyze possible problems and develop solutions
• Research building code, zoning, subdivision and land development ordinances and other requirements as needed
• Prepare reports, letters, emails permit applications, etc. for the projects
• Performing inspections of job sites before, during and after the project
• Work with our Surveyors to direct the scope of the services you need from them
• Work with our Project Coordinator to keep them apprised of where we are, what is needed, and if we are on track for time and cost
• Monitoring your project’s work progress and adhering to the scope of work or informing the Project Coordinator if the scope changes
• Reviewing shop drawings
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Construction Engineering
• E.I.T. certification required, P.E. registration preferred, but opportunity to obtain registration can be developed for a desiring E.I.T
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with Zoning and Land Development Design and Storm Water Management
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and various engineering software – AutoCAD a must, REVIT a plus, Civil 3D preferred
• A self-starter possessing strong communication, planning and organizational skills
• Desire to work on multiple small projects in parallel rather than a single large project for months
• Requires travel to job sites in company vehicle, occasional meetings, and on rare occasion out of the local area overnight
• Has the legal right to work in the U.S.
If interested, please email your resume to SteveYingst@yingstengineers.com